Digital Marketing Lead, Lupa
Radio Ambulante is an award-winning narrative podcast that tells uniquely Latin American stories in Spanish. Presented by renowned Peruvian author Daniel Alarcón and distributed by National Public Radio (NPR), Radio Ambulante engages talented radio producers, journalists and illustrators from Spanish-speaking communities and regions across the Americas to bring quality longform journalism to the radio.
In September 2019, Radio Ambulante, in partnership with Silicon Valley ed tech company Jiveworld, SPC, launched Lupa as a mobile app for intermediate Spanish learners to develop “listening fluency” using Radio Ambulante stories and a suite of tools based on the Jiveworld Method.
Our Lupa launch team has developed brand assets as well as a GTM strategy with a well defined timeline and milestones. We are seeking an experienced, digitally savvy marketing professional to help refine our materials and execute the marketing plan, identify and measure KPIs, suggest course corrections, and keep us on track towards reaching our target audience and specific sales and subscription goals for Lupa. Ultimately, our candidate will share, and help us realize, Radio Ambulante’s vision of breaking the language barrier between Latin America and those who don’t yet fully understand real-world Spanish.
Term — This is a contract-to-hire position that will run from April through December 2020, with possible extension.
Location — Radio Ambulante has offices in New York City, but the Digital Marketing Lead may work remotely as long as there is a strong internet connection.
Reporting — The Digital Marketing Lead will report to Radio Ambulante’s Program & Growth Coordinator.
Compensation — Hourly; commensurate with experience.
Our new Digital Marketing Lead (DML) will bring to this role his/her deep experience in devising and implementing strategies for different marketing channels and the technical know-how to get the job done.
As this is a brand new position, the DML will design workflows to collaborate with Lupa’s product, editorial and business teams to accomplish the following goals:
- Execute Lupa’s initial marketing strategy to support lead generation, lead conversion and customer retention, with an eye towards new objectives and strategies for 2021 and beyond.
- Take ownership of SEO and specific advertising and marketing campaigns, and coordinate with Lupa’s designer and other team members to develop the requisite assets (e.g. ads for designated channels, landing pages).
- Manage marketing channels and platforms in accordance with the general strategy, including social media, the Lupa newsletter, and other automated email, messaging, and notification systems.
- Perform cohort analyses, establish reliable measures to track KPIs, CAC, conversion rates, and other metrics, and present data and recommendations to the management team.
We are looking for a tech savvy self-starter who is able to hold diverse perspectives and comfortable working with a globally distributed team. Being easy-going and willing to “roll with it,” plus a willingness to wear different hats depending on the tasks at hand, will go a long way towards establishing productive relationships with peers and making this assignment a success.
Additionally, we are looking for these qualifications:
- 5+ years of digital marketing experience, preferably in consumer-oriented sectors, e.g. CPG or B2C tech.
- A background in customer experience and is able to tell the brand and product story across every stage in the funnel of the customer journey.
- Track record of successfully managing marketing campaigns and meeting targets.
- Superb written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills, with a background in copywriting.
- A strong sense of aesthetics, with some experience in graphic design.
Bilingual (English, Spanish).
- Nice to have (but not required): basic coding and html skills, proficiency in graphic design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Figma, Sketch).
Fill out this form to apply. We will review applications on an ongoing basis, so we encourage you to reach out early.